Friday, August 10, 2012

More Toilet Talk…

Are we talking Master Bath’s all around?  I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again…Heather and I seem to always mirror each other’s lives without even knowing it.  I called her last week and it went something like this
Me: Hey what’s up?  What are you doing?
Heather: Painting my Master Bath..you?
Me: Hm!  Painting my Master Bath!  Jinx!
Maybe it’s because we knew we’d be going back to work and knew time was short….but something lit a fire in us to be doing a bunch of projects around the house!  Since doing the tile I knew that I wanted to keep going with the bathroom and finish it to completion.  And although this sounds like a novel concept, it’s actually a hard concept for me to grasp.  So anyway…
DSC_0026
Clearly I couldn’t decide which way I wanted to go.  This was the first time for me to do test swatches, and I have to say, it still didn’t make it any easier.  I love this color scheme of grey’s, blues, a little greeny teal, and yellows….but just didn’t know which one I loved the best on the wall
DSC_0032
[Swatch colors - Top row, Left to Right: Yellow Magnolia, Gabardine, Cement Gray. Bottom Row, Left to Right: Rattan, Salvia, Zinc. All are Martha Stewart paint colors.]

That’s the view that best depicts the bedroom wall color.  It was really difficult to get both rooms accurate.  After about 3 days…I thought I knew which color I wanted.  I wanted to go with Martha Stewarts “Cement Grey”…the one on the upper right.  I asked the husband….99% sure that he would also pick the same color.  After all…it was the one he chose out of the swatches.  Which does he pick???  The dark blue in the center.  WHAT!  I was floored.  Then after about 15 minutes of me trying to pull him the other way…he says “Why do you even ask me if you don’t really care which one I like?”
Awwwwwww…….
So after much debate (mostly internal), I decided to go with what the husband liked.  After all he’s right…I do always ask him which he likes and always do what I want anyway.  So…I figured, I am going to get a sewing room since we combined the kids bedrooms….so shouldn’t Craig get a room of his own too?  Winking smile 
So I went dark….pictures to be posted soon….mainly when I can get some in the daylight so it doesn’t appear to be a black hole!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your thoughts, good bad or random! We love comments of all kinds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios