Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Tutu Cute!

I definitely think that I have a fabric problem. Like a big one...kind of bordering on hoarder tendencies. I have so many different ones that I just hang onto for no apparent reason. I keep thinking "Oh maybe I'll use this for my shop! Or for a quilt! Or for looking pretty on a shelf! I'll just keep it here for a project that i'll never get too because I may want to use it later for a completely different project." Yes...my mind is a mess...

So when my friend Jacqui sent me an invite for her daughter's second birthday....I decided to put my fabric...and Pinterest...to use (finally!)  Life has been so hectic and busy that I haven't had time to breath let alone crafting and blogging....so it felt good to get my hands in it again!

I took inspiration from this Pinterest pic

Amy Giggles Designs: Fabric Strip Tutu Tutorial


I knew I wanted to do a tutu for sweet lil' Emma and when I saw that fabric tutu I secretly yelled "Success!!!"  Ok maybe I screamed it far to loud and scared the dog and interrupted a ninja turtles movie (for which I got very dirty toddler stares)...but it was perfect!  It's seriously just so easy and simple and perfect to use up all those fabrics I've been hoarding.  I also made a simple applique of Minnie on a tee to match.  It's more for dress up and fun...but I think it's just so sweet!


So glad I decided to make it smaller halfway through.  That girl is petite!!

I party with Remodelaholic

1 comment:

  1. I might be a little bias but I love the tutu and the model wearing it:)

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear your thoughts, good bad or random! We love comments of all kinds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios