Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Stars and Nubbins

 

You know what late night Pinterest cruises get you?  They get you hooked on things that are going to cost you more time, more money, and make you more crazy than you already are.  As I was cruising the Pin-o-sphere late one night, I saw a picture of the cutest bento box.  You know…those crazy type A moms that have it all together and organize and apparently spend their lives crafting food into the most adorable things for their children.  I am jealous…and totally intrigued.  Here’s just a few of the ones that I found that I enjoy.  Click on the pictures for the source.

 

bento130

 

bento114

halloween2010-mihhon.jpg

 

I mean….how stinking adorable??  And I love that some are so crazy elaborate and others are as simple as just putting a little decorative pick…or some sprinkles on peaches.  I. LOVE.  And it’s so crazy because I just have no time and/or money for another hobby.  But I am inpired.  So here’s my little attempt at decorating my kiddos food with what I had on hand.  I called it stars and nubbins.

DSC_0432

Yup…there’s my little lame first attempt.  I sadly think that I will be investing in some fun bento items though….because wouldn’t you know it….those kids gobbles every single thing.  They had fun counting the grapes, and Hunter kept calling it a Momma star and 3 baby stars.  Imagine the conversation… “Hey Momma!!  I’m going to eat the baby now!!!!”  Ok dear.  Now don’t get me wrong, I WILL NOT be doing this everyday heck no.  But to do it every so often just to give these guys a little treat…I think it’s sweet.  Darn you Pinterest….you’re a dangerous, dangerous, wonderful, dangerous tool…..

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I love those piggy sandwiches :) And hey, you've got to start somewhere! {I happen to find the stars very sweet}

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear your thoughts, good bad or random! We love comments of all kinds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios