Friday, December 2, 2011

Deck the Wall!

This all began with a little holiday printable I saw on Pinterest. Isn’t that where most things start these days? Ah…Pinterest… I’m slowly driving Hubby insane with all of the ideas I’ve gotten from there, I tell him about them, & how I’d tweak it to put my own little spin on it. Multiply that by several pins a week & you’ve got Hubby’s head spinning & him telling me I’ve bitten off a little much, or a lot much, depending on the day.

Anyways…
I saw this adorable printable quote from Less Cake {More Frosting} of one of my favorite movies of all time, but definitely a holiday classic:

I may or may not answer my phone "Buddy the Elf. What's your favorite color?" for the whole month of December...

I printed it and stuck it in a frame on my picture collage wall in the living room. I haven’t changed these pics since we had our last family pics done about a year ago. Yikes! Instead of playing Where’s Waldo with one holiday pic in my frame, I figured I’d add a few more:

DSC02083

A lot of the work was done for me since I had so many fab printables pinned on Pinterest! I just picked out my favorite ones & popped them up there…

xmas 2011 collage
Clockwise from top left:
- Reindeer head from Volume 25. I blew it up, cut it out, & put it on some red & white polka dot paper.
- The Best Way to Spread Christmas Cheer is Singing Loud for All to Hear! printable from Less Cake {More Frosting}
- The same reindeer head from Volume 25, but I kept it in the circle form & put it on a green wood lookin’ paper backing.
- A piece of scrapbook paper I had in my stash.
- Another piece of scrapbook paper I had.
- Doe, a deer, a female deer… Also from Volume 25, kept in its circle form, and backed on the green woodish paper from my stash.
- I just cut some trees out of cardstock & put them on wood plank paper.

Total cost – $0.00!

I should tell Hubby that sometimes it pays to be a paper hoarder! Ha!

I busted out my Cricut and made a cute little “be merry” banner to hang, too.
DSC02115
It’s all paper I had on hand. The chartreuse is actually from my wedding invitations! 5 years old! I used the twine leftover from my felt tree ornament project and hung it using the tiny clear 3M Command hooks secretly tucked as close to under the corners of the frames as possible.

One more look of the overall wall:
DSC02083
It’s so Christmassy up in this hizzy! Woohoo! I love it!
We just got our family pictures disc, so I’m going to update the couple of actual human photos in the other frames. It’s just hard to decide which ones to use. Decisions…Decisions…

This is the 1st year I’ve redone this collage for the holidays & I think I’m hooked. Yay for new decorating traditions!

Have you mixed up your usual holiday decor? We'd love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your thoughts, good bad or random! We love comments of all kinds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios