Monday, July 18, 2011

Goodwill re-charge!

Oh yeah....Saturday night...I was pooped.  Like beyond pooped.  Sonny came home and I was pretty much a puddle of goo on the floor.  I needed a re-charge and what better way than an hour ALONE with a coffee, some cash, and a trip to my local Goodwill?  I came home seriously jived. I mean...it's still retail therapy....even if it is recycled, reduce, reuse retail therapy!!

As we all know, GW (that's my home boy) has some of the best deals around.  It really is one of those hit or miss places...and you sometimes get the occasional friendly, but odd, people trying to ask you personal questions like if you've found Jesus in your life yet.... but it's seriously one of those places that I could get lost in all the digging around for little treasures.  Thank goodness for picture messaging too, so I could send pics of everything to Heather for her to yay or nay!  We both were a yay on these adorable teal glasses.  There were 6....but when I brought them up to checkout, the cashier pointed out that 2 had small chips in them.  Phew!  I would have wasted .49 cents!  Aren't they adorable?  Perfect for my new table!



Oh how I love these!!  I can just imagine a little homemade sorbet with a little sprig of mint...look at me...I'm getting all Martha on myself!

Then...upon cruising into the corners of the store...I came upon this little chair.  It's surprisingly heavy, sturdy, and big enough for an adult, but still small enough that it would look totally appropriate in a child's room.  I haven't decided whether I want to do this up for Jagger, or for my own purposes as a "place to park your butt while putting your shoes on" entryway chair.  Hmmm...we'll see as it goes along!



Oh yeah...and the best part?  It was $1.99.  ONE DOLLAR AND NINETY NINE CENTS.  Seriously?  How can you pass that up?  Then I spotted this little table (and then....and then...and then...) and for $3.99....again..I could not pass this up.  I'm thinking of painting it in a light color and try my hand at glazing to bring out all the goodness of the paneled sides and such.  This one I have no idea where it will go in my house....so if I do a good job..I may try and sell it!  I'm really excited to have a bunch of projects lined up, and all for less than the cup of coffee that I got while shopping for all this stuff!  That's the kind of high I needed to get up and motivated for this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your thoughts, good bad or random! We love comments of all kinds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios