Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Mix and Match


I will be the first one to admit that I am a magazine junkie.  If I see a good cover, I'll scoop it up...and make me do that enough times and I'll subscribe.  I seriously am a subscriber to no less than 8 magazines right now (quite possibly more). Well Food Network magazine just sealed the deal with me with their outstanding section called "Mix and Match."  They take a simple recipe, and give you guidelines on how to switch it up at will.  The first I tried was banana bread (OF COURSE!) and you could switch out bananas for zucchini...or carrots....you add mix in like nuts or chocolate chips....and then add to the basic recipe and voila!  Delicious!!

So I just tried their Mix and Match for pasta salad, mainly because I wanted to use what was on hand in my house.  It's absolute genius!  You can find the Mix and Match formula here, and I used pasta shells, shrimp, cannelini beans, shredded carrots, and bacon with a garlic and oil dressing.  I sprinkled some parmesan cheese on this bad boy and it was one of my favorite pasta salads I've EVER made.  It was amazing!  I encourage you all to rummage your cupboards and just try any combo!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your thoughts, good bad or random! We love comments of all kinds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios