Thursday, May 5, 2011

Hola! Feliz Cinco de Mayo! - Recipe: Salmon Tacos & Skinnygirl Margaritas

Yeah...that's right! I am bilingual! This white girl over here made it all the way up to Spanish 3 in high school! Happy Cinco de Mayo, everyone!

I think our new motto over here at Diapers+Divas is "Work what you've got". These tacos came about because I didn't want to go to the grocery store, and I needed to whip up something quick for dinner. This quick dinner issue has been happening a lot since I'm trying to work from home and do the SAHM thing. I work on my projects sporadically throughout the morning, then Will's nap rolls around and I get cookin' on stuff. Before I know it, it's 5:45pm and I need to get dinner on the table! Ack! I'm getting progressively better at working what I've got in the kitchen. I used to just text Lani "Hey, I have a banana, tortillas, and sour cream...what can I make for dinner?". Ok, maybe not those exact ingredients, but you get the gist.

Salmon Tacos/Burritos
- (usually my soft tacos turn into burritos because I fill 'em up with veggies & yummy stuff)

Ingredients:
- salmon, cooked & shredded
- whole wheat tortillas
- bell peppers, sliced
- onion, sliced
- spinach
- shredded cheese (I used cheddar jack, but you can use what ever you like)
- salsa
- jar of jalapenos (optional)
- sour cream

Directions:
- Rub some salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder on the salmon. Drizzle some olive oil into a non-stick pan on medium heat. Cook about 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Saute the peppers and onions in some olive oil in the same pan. Season with salt & pepper. Cook until onions turn a little translucent so they still have a little crunch to them. Put them in a bowl.
- Shred your salmon with a fork.
- Assemble your taco! A little salmon, some peppers & onions, a sprinkle of cheese, a handful of spinach, a spoonful of salsa, a dollop of sour cream, and a few jalapenos. Roll up and grub!

Next, grab a glass and pour yourself some Skinnygirl Margarita. I admittedly watched a little of the Real Housewives of New York, then progressed to Bethenny Getting Married? and now Bethenny Ever After. If Lani and I had a love child, I'm pretty sure it would be Bethenny Frankel. She's got endless sources of energy and obsesses like my dear friend, Lani, but analyzes things to death and likes things in order and on schedule, like me, and is very creative, like both of us. Her shows are hilarious, inspiring, and thoroughly entertaining.
Well, her awesomeness factor went up 10 notches with a margarita that is low in calories and has both the booze and mix all in one bottle. I was quite shocked and how strong the drink was. 100 calories for a 4 oz. serving! Genius! It even comes in a super cute bottle. At $14.99 a pop, you really can't go wrong!

Happy Cinco de Mayo! Bon Appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your thoughts, good bad or random! We love comments of all kinds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios