Friday, February 18, 2011

Balancing? Juggling? Failing...?

and Flailing! I really could be the juggling act in a circus.

How can there only be 24 hours in a day? Seriously. It's impossible to get everything I need to get done in a day around the house, while working on my own business stuff, caring for a toddler, and comforting a beyond stressed out Hubby after his 10-12 hour day. IMPOSSIBLE!

While I'm on the subject, here's my little business venture: www.paper-monkey.com. I've also started an Etsy shop, and have a few things on consignment at a local boutique. So exciting and SO stressful! More exciting than stressful, though. 

Oh, I'm also looking into preschools because in this neck of the woods there are TWO YEAR waiting lists. Yep. You read that right. Kill me now.

Will's birthday party is also a measly 6 weeks away. Yowza! Kids' parties sneak up on you quick! I have booked his Toy Story themed party at Pioneer Park in Tustin, CA. How cool is this park!?


Yep. Those are covered wagon jungle gyms!
And the picnic area. So so awesome!
I have some really cool things in the works for his party. I'll be sure to post my DIY projects because his party will be on a budget, of course! I'm planning on making some alien goodie bags, a rope Happy Birthday sign, some Chinese lanterns turned Toy Story characters, maybe a pie-in-a-jar take home goodies for the parents, but I'm starting with the invitations this week. I borrowed the Toy Story Cricut cartridge from a friend, although now that I see it up close...I want to buy one for myself. And I got this stamp for his invites:


I can't wait to get crackin' on 'em! I'm so excited. Hubby is pushing for a SuperHero and/or Iron Man themed party since Will is completely obsessed with him right now, but I think this will be the last year that I get to pick....so Toy Story it is! He'll just be happy we're having pizza (his favorite dinner selection since he can say it, "tee-zah") we'll be at a park where he can roam for as long as he wants. Hubby will also be getting some use out of his new jigsaw and sander I got him for Christmas. Oh yeahhhhhh...power tools!

A major upgrade from last year's party is that Hubby doesn't have to get to the park at 6am to make sure we have a spot! We can reserve the park. They only allow one reservation per day. And they even give us the phone number for the police in case someone tries to encroach on our reserved space. Booya! They mean business! There's also ample parking, which was another issue we had last year. See? I'm learning! I am definitely sticking to the park scenario since we don't have a large house to host the party at. We don't have any backyard space, so that's definitely out. Will is not a sitter. He's a mover and a shaker (and a screamer, and a runner), so we like wide open spaces. A park means easy set up and clean up and built in entertainment for a relatively low price (or maybe free if you're lucky). I'm sold.

With all that's going on in our lives at the moment, I'm slowly learning that life as a Stay at Home Mom and now a Work at Home Mom is stressful. There really isn't much balance. It's tough to put a messy house on the side burner while I work on stuff to make some cash-olah. I hate having a messy house. Yes, it's messy just because we have a toddler, but now things tend to pile up more as my projects stay sprawled out on the table, and on my desk, and on our bed, and on the floor...

But it's fun and exciting! And surprise! There's no way to strike a balance. You just have to go through it, doing the best you can, and cleaning up as best you can. Knowing beforehand that everything can't be perfect all the time, helps. But I did lost my mind a time or two... the dishes piled up for a day or two... the laundry full of wet/pee clothes piled up for a day or two... but we all survived. Shockingly enough, we did.

It looks like 2011 is shaping up to be an eventful and interesting year. How about you?

1 comment:

  1. Yvett Iglesias MosquedaFebruary 23, 2011 at 1:37 PM

    That park looks too cool for his party! Way to go on picking such a fun place!

    Bravo for getting through the dirty clothes, piling dishes, etc. I imagine its not easy to do it all but you make it look effortless! My hats off to you Mommy!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear your thoughts, good bad or random! We love comments of all kinds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios