Monday, January 31, 2011

Potato chip goodness

Because it's been so snowy here I've been a little housebound (Remember! Cali girl at heart!!) and I've been searching for things to keep me busy.  I've kinda been on this recipe kick lately, and have been challenging myself to use what's on hand and in my pantry (partially because we're trying to save money...and partially because even if I did have money...the snow is scaring me to stay inside).  So yesterday morning, after I fed the kids their oatmeal and I was cleaning up....I saw my mandolin.  My mandolin that was still wrapped, never used, and I've had it for about 8 years.  My mom gave it to me because she never used it, and she thought I'd apparently continue that tradition. I'm surprised that it never made it to a garage sale or a donation box...but there it was.  So I grabbed it, opened it, and decided that I would make potato chips.  Right then.  Because that's a totally normal thing to do at 9:30 in the morning, right?


It was soooo easy!  And so dang yummy!  I started with sweet potato and moved on to a couple regular.  I swear....I don't think I'm ever going to buy a bag of potato chips ever again.  After seeing them be made by Bobby Flay and the Neely's and everyone else on The Food Network...I pretty much knew the basic steps.  Cut. Fry. Pull out and salt while hot.




SO GOOD!  I'm going to try some ranch flavored ones this week, and I will try and emulate my favorite appetizer from the Wolfgang Puck restaurant at the MGM in Las Vegas.  Homemade potato chips drizzled with a melted blue cheese sauce.  Oh....excuse me while I wipe up my puddle of drool....

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your thoughts, good bad or random! We love comments of all kinds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios