Thursday, September 2, 2010

When is it time for #2?

We blinked and Will went from a wittle baby to a running, jabbering, spazz-tastic mini-human! Of course, after visiting Lani and her new addition in Jagger, and now another friend with a 5 week old and a 2.5 year old, among many other friends that are either pregnant or trying to get pregnant, I've got baby on the brain....still again.
As much as I'm a planner, I never really put a time frame on when we should have kids. My one comment on how far apart my kids would be was "I'm not having two kids in diapers at the same time". Well, after seeing Lani, and other friends handle it, that's really not as big of a deal as I thought it would be. And that's what the Diaper Genie II is for...

I would like them to be fairly close in age since my sister and I are 8 years apart. I love my sister a million times a billion, but for 8 years I didn't have anyone to share toys with, or throw food at. Because we are girls, we still shared share clothes (and now it's usually me stealing from her because she's got more fashion sense than me) and got on each others' nerves...but it would've been nice to have someone to play Barbies with. And I can already see Will getting bored with me. I threw 3 years apart out there in the beginning, but seeing how active Will is, maybe that's too far apart? Of course he's my child and I think he's so advanced and brilliant, but seriously, the kid was walking at 10.5 months and running by his 1st birthday. Now, that run is more of a sprint - which reminds me...I need to workout!

As much as we would love to have more money and a bigger house before we go down the second child road, which was our original, original plan... I think Hubby and I are slowly coming to terms with the fact that housing market is still in the pooper, and we're probably going to be stuck in our condo a little longer than we planned. Plus, you're always going to wish you had more money, especially when you have kids... And, neither here nor there, we're having a garage sale at the end of the month to clear out a bunch of stuff, so we have a little more breathing room. What ever our living and money situation is and will be, we do and will make it work. That's my motto and I'm stickin' to it!

So, I'm asking for your advice. How far apart are your kids? Would you rather they be closer or farther apart? Why or why not? Leave me a comment and share your brilliance with me, pretty please! It's one of those things that rattles around in my brain until I drive myself and Hubby crazy discussing and thinking about it to death.






**Disclaimer: No, I'm not pregnant. Yes, I'm still taking birth control. No, I'm not taking prenatal vitamins yet. Any other questions you'd like to ask, Mom? Yes, I know what you're thinking.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your thoughts, good bad or random! We love comments of all kinds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios