Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I'm so Hungry

You know...I really didn't want to do a post about this.  It's old, redundant, and boring.  Yes I packed on some pounds during pregnancy and yes I'm trying to lose it.  Who isn't trying to lose those last 20 few lbs?  But then I discovered Hungry Girl and I just had to post something about HER!  Since I am a cookbook addict I picked up the book Hungry Girl 200 under 200 over a year ago and never made a thing from it.  But....since I'm on the weight loss train again...I perused through it and realized I'm in love!

All the recipes are under 200 calories...but all the ones I've had are still completely filling and delicious.  There is a whole section on making things with tortillas (which is great because I always have them on hand) and a great section on drinks (like right now I'm sipping on a great frosty mint mocha which is only 87 calories...um....fabu!).  There's also an entire section on what to do with cool whip and another entirely for cupcakes.....are you kidding?  It's terrific!!!

So today...I leave you with one of my new most favorite and most easy recipes from "200 under 200" by Hungry Girl.  It's not fancy....but it's grand!

BLT QUESADILLA

1 large La Tortilla Smart and Delicious Low Carb High Fiber Tortilla
2 TBL spoon fat free shredded cheese (mozz. or cheddar)
2 slices extra lean turkey bacon
1/2 plum tomato
1/2 cup shredded lettuce
1 TBL spoon fat free mayo
1 TBL spoon ketchup

Cook bacon according to package directions, either in the micro or in a pan sprayed with non stick spray.  Roughly chop and set aside.

Bring a pan sprayed with non stick spray up to medium heat. Lay tortilla flat in the pan. Top evenly with cheese.

Once cheese begins to melt, cover half of the tortilla with bacon and tomato.  Using a spatula, carefully fold the tortilla in half, pressing to seal.  Cook for about 1 min.

Flip and cook that side for another minute (until both sides are toasty)

To make sauce, combine mayo and ketchup in a small dish. Cut quesadilla into triangle, top with lettuce and serve with sauce on the side. (pic is shown without lettuce as I didn't have any)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your thoughts, good bad or random! We love comments of all kinds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios