Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Me = Firefighter

You can add firefighter to my resume, now. Yesterday was a day spent putting out all kinds of messes that seemed to happen all at once. Thank goodness Will was a perfect angel and in the best mood yesterday, so he rolled right along with our chaotic day.

Here's the quick version of my day:
6:30-7:30am: My Appointment
8am: Arrive home to find Hubby & Will in bed watching cartoons. So cute.
8:15am: Making breakfast
8:30am - 9:30am: Picking up the house and packing up diaper bag
10-11am: Will's pre-op Dr. visit
11:30am: At my uncle's house helping pack (He sold his house and is moving back to Canada. Everything must go! I got some new dishes, pots, and other goods. Yay for free stuff!)
1:15pm: Packing up car to leave... Got a flat tire
1:30pm: Filling up tire at gas station
1:35pm: On the phone with dealership. Hoping tire holds up till we get there.
2:00pm: Arrive at dealership. Turns out I'm also due for an oil & filter change. Hoping they can just patch my tire. Will and I walk to Panera for lunch while we wait. Flip flops are not the best walking shoes for 2-3 miles...
2:30-3:30pm: Eating lunch. Will ate like crazy! He had a whole grilled cheese sandwich, cup of fruit, yogurt tube, my apple, some goldfish crackers, and juice. Then we split a cookie once we got back to the dealership. He sat like a perfect angel in his stroller while we waited and watched iCarly. :)
3:45pm: Tire has to be replaced. A bent nail was a through and through for the tire wall. Grrrrrrrrrrrreat... It's a little expensive to replace it there, but I don't have the time to go elsewhere and they've already got my car up, and I'm anticipating a full out meltdown from Will any minute. Just fix the tire. Yay! They have 1 in stock.
4:30pm: Car is done. $300+ later we are on our way. Oh crap! We're out of milk! Must stop at grocery store.
5:20pm: Arrive home.
5:25pm: Cable guy arrives to fix our cable box...he wasn't supposed to get there until 6pm, but Yay for getting that done before Hubby gets home.
6:00pm: Pop frozen pizza in the oven for dinner. Nothing like a $5 dinner for 3 people! :) Start laundry, pick up the house.
6:30pm-8pm: Eat dinner, clean up kitchen, bathe child, put child to bed.
8:15-11:15pm: Told Hubby to put on his "super helper" hat so we could unload my car with the new dishes and stuff. We washed all the new stuff, even wiped down a few cabinet shelves, and rearranged some things. Put laundry away (4 loads later). Wet Swiffered the kitchen floor (Hubby's 1st time using the Swiffer Wet Jet. He didn't realize how fun it was! Ha Ha! I love that thing!).
11:30pm: Bedtime

It felt so good to go to bed with a clean house, and everything new and old in it's place. We didn't scrub the house from top to bottom, but it kind of felt like we did. I have a feeling that there are going to be many more evenings like this over the next 3.5 weeks until Will and I leave for New Jersey because we have a lot to get done before we leave. I've got appointments stuff on our calendar for almost everyday until we leave. Yikes! I need to go get my hat because it's time to hold the heck on to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your thoughts, good bad or random! We love comments of all kinds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios