Monday, June 14, 2010

Helping Hands

I just wanted to say a quick thank you to everyone that has come to help these past six weeks with my babies. I seriously could not have survived without you here. My dad came first and did an amazing job with Hunter. As my parents babysit my sister's daughter, only one could come at a time. I know my dad was nervous, being responsible for the little dude all by himself, but he did fantastic taking him to the park, playing all kinds of silly games with him, changing poops, and even introducing a few new foods to him! Thanks Dad!



Thank you to my mom, who came next. She was so great at making meals, washing tiny tooshies, and keeping me sane. She came at week 4 and I think I was going a little crazy and getting really nervous for being ALONE. I was sleeping in until about 11 everyday and was getting worried that I wouldn't be able to do it by myself on lack of sleep...but she reassured me that it was possible (she knows from experience after all) and told me that when I HAVE to do something....I'll be able to do it.



Then there's a big ol' thank you to my girl, Megan. Hers was a surprise trip but was TOTALLY helpful. She let me practice doing things with the boys by myself, but was right there to help when I asked her. It was also the first time that I tried picking up my 30 lb 2 year old...so good thing I had a medical professional handy (she's a Physicians Assistant) to be there in case I popped a few stiches!

Then there was my most awesome sister, Michelle, who just left and I'm all alone now with 2 little men! She completly boosted my confidence, assuring me that my 2 chillaxin boys are almost as much of a handful as her little girl (go niecey!). So if she can do it with a little wild child...I can do it with 2 calm kiddos. Side note: Hunter and Jagger miss her immensly. Hunter started crying and calling for "She-shell" before bed last night, and as we were coming down the stairs this morning....he was calling for her again. Awwww.....THANKS SHE-SHELL!!!

And soon, as I just found out, I'll have my super fabulous gal pal, Heather, here.....along with Will too!! Hooray for boys!!! That'll be a party more than help...but so glad to have them!

Thanks everyone! I'm just so blessed to have so many people that care about these kids (and I guess myself!). Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your thoughts, good bad or random! We love comments of all kinds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios