Monday, May 24, 2010

We think we're pros...but we're so, so wrong...

So it's been about a month since baby number two has graced our presence and we couldn't be happier. It's funny, though, how you forget how tough those first few months are. Sonny and thought it was no big deal bringing him home, I wasn't in the least bit nervous. That first night home was hilarious (now), but we thought we were so cool and could totally handle it.

In the hospital, we so opted for the baby-go-in-the-nursery-at-night-and-see-you-in-the-morning thing. Having the baby room in? Yeah, no thanks. He's going to be "rooming in" for the next 18 years.....I think I can have him stay elsewhere for the first four nights. So anyway, the first night home we didn't even talk about how we were going to work it, who was going to get up to do what.....we thought we were experts since we'd already done it once! And since I'm breastfeeding, we were under the impression that I had to do the major night stuff anyway. Well I apparently forgot that I had gotten cut in half and after the third time getting up that night...my back, hips, lower abs, and the incision were screaming at me! Sonny looked over and asked if I was ok and I started crying. I couldn't help it....I felt like I couldn't do it. We established a system where Sonny would get up to get the baby, hand him to me, get up to do the change, hand him to me again, then get up to put the baby down back in the crib. While I was feeding, Sonny was "re-sleeping"....and while Sonny was changing....I was "re-sleeping." After a couple days....we realized that this is the exact schedule we had with Hunter, but you forget after 2 years of constant schedule changing.

It's been a pretty crazy month with 2 little bambinos....and although I have huge dark circles under my eyes and have forgotten what a full nights sleep feels like, it's getting better and I know we'll get through it. Jagger is down to a pretty good routine now of waking up about once a night, usually after a 4-5 hour sleeping stint....and then 3 hours after that one.....and then feeding every 2 hours during the day. It's hectic, it's tiring, and it's the most rewarding thing I've ever done. We were totally settled on having one...but we couldn't imagine our lives without two.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there! Once a night with an almost 2 year old and a newborn is pretty awesome! At least your kids are on pretty good sleeping schedules. The rest will fall into place soon. :)

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear your thoughts, good bad or random! We love comments of all kinds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios