Monday, May 24, 2010

Walking on Air

crocs Beach Clog,Navy,Medium (Women's 8-9 M US/Men's 6-7 M US)As many people can tell you, I've been an anti-Crocs person for a long time. The clunky, bulky, unattractive shoes made me cringe. My mom would put these beauties (stage right) on and I would wrinkle my nose at her and quietly plot feeding them to the dog. Yes, I would slip them on from time to time for a quick walk to the curb to get the newspaper or to fill up the dog's water in the backyard, but they would never, ever see the light of day in public on my tootsies.
crocs Women's Malindi Flat Slingback,Silver,8 M
Then, Lani came to visit and wore these (enter stage left) around town. I was shocked to find out they're Crocs and actually cute! She said they were super comfortable too. Hmmm... If Lani, aka Mrs. Fashionista, is sporting Crocs, they must pass the test! I started checking them out but it took me a while to take the plunge. A couple weeks ago, Hubby needed shoes for work and the cashier said that all the shoes in the store were BOGO. He looked at me, probably thinking I would pick something up for Will.... Ehhh! Wrong! I went and grabbed the same Malindi Crocs Lani has, but in black. It's ok, as long as we buy different colors.

I have been wearing them out and about for a while now. They have passed two pretty major tests, in my book. The first test was a full day at Disneyland. We hadn't planned on being there all day, but we got there at around 9:30am and were having so much fun that we ended up staying until 6:30pm and meeting a friend at Downtown Disney for dinner. It wasn't until around 5pm that my feet were starting to feel tired, but they didn't hurt! They make you feel like you’re walking on a cloud. Hubby totally laughs when I tell him this, but it's true! I've also worn them the last couple times I’ve taken Will to the park. They are perfect for chasing a 1 year old through sand, grass, basketball courts, mulch, dirt, and whatever other terrain he wants to pull me through.

My mom and my mother in law admired them when they saw me wearing them, so BAM!, easy Mother’s Day gifts for both of them. If I hadn’t my mom probably would’ve stolen my pair because we’re the same size.

As if converting to the Crocs-side of life isn’t bad enough, I’m already eye-balling my next pair! If anybody is looking for birthday gift ideas for me… either of these in a size 9 will do!

1 comment:

  1. I have been a croc hater too. I only use the ones I got to mow the lawn. But, I like these new ones. I will give them a try.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear your thoughts, good bad or random! We love comments of all kinds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios