Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Life On Hold...

It's been a little over a week now since everything got put on hold... new decor for the kitchen, new pillows for the bedroom, new accessories for the living room, etc. Hubby interviewed out of nowhere for a possible promotion. It would be out of Carlsbad, so we started to discuss moving. It's only 30-45 minutes from our house, but it would suck to have the extra cash we'd get wasted on gas for his truck & replacing tires, brakes, etc. Plus, it got us thinking that we would move somewhere with air conditioning!

We have many discussions about different if-we-knew-then-what-we-know-now scenarios from when we bought our condo almost 3 years ago. We don't have air conditioning in our Lake Forest home. When we bought it in May/June, there was a nice breeze that would flow nicely through the house when we had all the windows open. We figured it wouldn't be an issue. Hello! What about when there is no breeze?! July, August, and September for the last 2 years have been sweltering. I think I told you, but when my dad brought over the portable air conditioner last summer, it was a godsend. We couldn't have survived without it.

So now, after the possibility of moving entered my mind, I started talking to Hubby about moving whether he gets the job or not. If he doesn't get it then we stay in OC, move somewhere with A/C, and rent our place out. Keeping our place as a rental was kind of the original plan anyways...

And now the waiting begins... waiting to hear about the job, and therefore waiting to see where we'd move, and waiting to list our place for rent. I hate living in limbo. Hate Hate Hate! I lay awake at night thinking of the possibility for more space for us, a yard for Will and a bbq, a garage for storage so our closets don't overflow like they do now... All things we should've held out for when we were buying this place. We were just too excited to get out of our newlywed apartment and didn't think about the long term for our new place. We just wanted 2 bedrooms so that we could have an office and then a nursery. At least we thought that far ahead...

If you see any houses or townhomes for rent, send them my way! Actually, if you know of other search engines that I can check out, that would be extremely helpful! I've been checking Craigslist everyday, but have found a lot of scams out there. Renter beware: If you can't walk through the house because the "owner" is in Africa...don't give them any money! Like I'd actually move my family into a house I can't walk through before making a decision... Common sense. Maybe that's why I've been having sympathy insomnia for Lani...I've got a billion things running through my head and to do's to add to my gigantic list!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your thoughts, good bad or random! We love comments of all kinds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios