Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Spring is springing!!!!

UGH!! FINALLY!!! The snow is melting, the weather temps are (slowly) increasing, and I'm in the mood for a change of 'tude!!! I've been feeling so down in the dumps lately and I honestly think it's because I DON'T DO WINTER. I love it when the weather turns cooler, I love Christmas....and then enough. I don't need January and February....I'm cool with a 10 month calendar....anyone else?

The past 3 days have been sunny, bright, and in the mid 50's. Yeah....to alot of the Cali folks that read this that's still frightfully chilly...but to us New Jersey-ites...it's not the mid 20's!!! I actually went out of the house today with just a cardigan on!! Wahoo!

The changing weather has also inspired both Sonny and I to do changes to the house! As Heather said here, we are in the mood to re-decorate. I guess it's all the natural changes going on around us and the cleansing properties of spring rain that's got our gears going! I just thought I'd share a few things that make me excited for spring and for ALL the changes to come!


1. We've begun painting the baby's room and are almost done. I've realized that I'm such a slacker when it comes to before and after pics.....I always forget to take the before. I'll be sure to post after pics...but it resembles this pic. We are doing stripes on the wall in a light, light, blue and a silky cool grey-blue.  Almost done.  I didn't realize how hard it is to paint with a child in the house...so we're on weekend 3 (keep in mind Sonny only has Sundays off....so we have to cram a bunch of chores into that one day)....and the tape is coming down this week!  Pictures to come!

2. In the spirit of re-decorating, I actually, finally, after 3 years, bought a duvet. I just ironed it and put it on today. Again....such a slacker with the before pics...but I'm sure I have one somewhere. Here's the stock pic from Bed Bath and Beyond, though.  Each project is going to be a work in progress....but what a difference a duvet makes!!!!


3. I can't wait to plant annuals!!! Although it will be hard with the baby....this is one of my favorite activities that Sonny and I do together. We are always lucky and get a gorgeously sunny day and spend it outside with me pointing where the flowers go and Sonny doing the digging and the planting. I'm not prissy....he just prefers to do the landscaping....so I'm the foreman.

4. Of course the spring fashion is at the top of my list, despite my ever growing belly (the button has popped BTW....which didn't happen last time...so I'm hoping I'm more baby and less fat this time....although I just downed a bowl of cereal.....sorry....mindless ramble). Maxi dresses are at the top of my list, and I'm going to try and invest in some cute cross tops for nursing. It's hard to find a truly unique and fashionable one....but I think these options are decent.  Mainly looking at Old Navy and Gap as money is getting tighter (as always, right?)







I'm just so glad that things are getting done and the weather is allowing us to GET things done!!!  Wahoo!  There's so many more things that Spring has inspired me to do (including having a baby) that I can't wait to tackle them all!  One thing at a time, right?  BTW....any one know how to reupholster a storage ottoman?  Haha!



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your thoughts, good bad or random! We love comments of all kinds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios