Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I'm Not Ready Yet!

I've learned from Field of Dreams that "If you build it, they will come". Well, what if I don't build it? Will it not happen?

I've been a major slacker on finishing Will's birthday party invites. Yes, there have been some major setbacks like a busted lip, a sick baby, and now Hubby & I are both sick. Then I needed to get a few more things to finish it and we ran out of ink in our printer...but I was trying to get them out by March 1st... It's now the 9th... His party is on the 28th...

I think I'm slacking because I don't want to come to the realization that my baby is already a year old! Where did the last 12 months go?! Am I going to be this reluctant every year around his birthday because my baby has gotten another year older? When he's an adult am I still going to remember the day he was born like it was yesterday?

I sure hope so!

I wanted him to be walking by his birthday, and now that he's practically running, I wish he would revert back to barely being able to roll over. It is unbelievable how much he has learned and grown in the last year. Although I must say, as Lani pointed out a while ago talking about when Hunter is sick, I am enjoying the extra cuddles I get from my little man since he doesn't feel good. He's never been much of a cuddler even when he was a newborn. He's always wanted to stand or have you hold him up so he could stand, and now he can do that on his own. He doesn't need me. Here's a sneak peek of his invites. Now that they're almost done (I swear they're going in the mail tomorrow, at the latest), I'm slowly coming to terms and realizing all the other stuff I have to get done in just a few weeks' time. Oy. I am glad that he'll be able to wander around on his own because we're having his party at a park. He'll be able to get a little more out of the experience.

I will be posting some DIY projects as I complete them. Here are a few things I've got on tap:
- Birthday Banner
- Tiered Cupcake Stand/Holder/Display
- Cupcakes
- Favors? Not sure about this one...We'll see if I have enough time.
- Will's Birthday shirt

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your thoughts, good bad or random! We love comments of all kinds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios