Tuesday, March 2, 2010

So this is why God gave me hips...

Will is terrified of the vacuum. We're talking blood curdling screaming with sad, pathetic face that says "WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME, MOM?!". It's torture to listen to him scream bloody murder as soon as I turn it on. Normally things that are loud don't bother him to much. In fact, in most cases, the louder the better for him. But the vacuum just strikes the wrong cord with him and it's meltdown city. Sometimes I can get away with plopping him in the playpen, giving him a bottle, turning on some MMC, and vacuuming all of the rooms he's not in. I can hear him crying once in a while, but it's not quite so constant. And then there are other times where he starts screaming the second I pull the vacuum out of the closet. Maybe this whole situation is why I don't vacuum as much as I should...it really is the definition of a chore...

Probably 75% of the time, I give up on the playpen/bottle/MMC routine and just pick him up so I can get the job done in some kind of peace. Let me tell you, it is quite the workout. 20+ wiggly pounds on one arm, while trying to push another 10 lbs around on the floor with the other arm. I usually have to switch sides with him a couple times in the course of vacuuming the house, but at least the job is done with no meltdowns.

So your hips get bigger while your pregnant to make room for the baby's exit, but they stay bigger so you can tote that kid around while you clean up his mess. Thanks God. You're so thoughtful. Now if only we could make an amendment to his rule and have them shrink a little bit once your kid is too big to cart around on your hip... That would make fitting into my pre-preggo jeans that much easier, even if it is 5 years from now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your thoughts, good bad or random! We love comments of all kinds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios