Monday, March 1, 2010

The case of the missing husband....

My husband is the best....no really...I'm not just saying that. He's the kindest person out there who would do anything and everything for his family. He works 6 days a week, 14 hours a day, and still comes home to play with his little man, kiss his wife, and make everyone feel like they are number one on his list. So...I'm sad to say...he's been MIA a little bit lately.

Not physically MIA, but he's just not all here. Let me explain by saying that he owns his own business and I don't think that I need to explain how hard our country/economy has been on the small business owner. Times have called for him to go through with layoffs, make cuts to benefits, and close a store....all in order for the business to survive. With all this drama going on the majority of his day, it's really a wonder that he can manage to come home with a smile on his face. But lately, the pressure has become to great, and Sonny has come home with half his mind still at work.

It's hard....we both had a little breakdown the other night. I felt alone, I wanted my husband, my best friend back and he knew that. And I also know that his way of relaxing and shaking off the day is collapsing on the couch and crashing. Going through these times are so tough, especially when you can't see a light at the end of the tunnel. Sonny and I have always said that the thing we can always rely on with each other is the fact that we can talk. Heck, the whole foundation of our relationship is based on 2 hour long distance phone calls! So when we end up not talking at night because he's eating while I'm bathing Hunter, and then he crashes on the couch and I hop on the computer....it feels a bit like we're just roommates instead of...well....mates.

So Saturday night we had our little breakdown....and he knows his mind has been elsewhere...and I know that I need to stay strong through these tough times. It's hard...not everything about Diapers and Divas is super Diva-licious. But you know what gets us through is that we are strong...us Divas will survive. And we will make sure our families survive, no matter what. Sonny totally understood where I was coming from, and I know that the business is our life and he is doing everything he can to save it. We will get through this....we just need to make sure that we are talking to each other, and most important, listening to each other.

Sorry to bum you out on a Monday morning, Internet....but thanks for listening! Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your thoughts, good bad or random! We love comments of all kinds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios