Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Mango-Habanero Pork over Cuban Guacamole

Sounds complicated.....so easy.....and SOOOO good! I was really surprised at this one because of the combination of ingredients. This is one of the Robin Miller meals that I am doing from her book ala Julie and Julia as I mentioned here, and it's one of my favorites! This is definitely one that I'll add to my regular repertoire. I even got so caught up in how tasty and festive and yummy it was that I made myself a (virgin) Pina Colada! Wahoo!



The pork pre-oven


Absolutely amazing guacamole....seriously so good...

My Pina Colada




MANGO-HABANERO PORK OVER CUBAN GUACAMOLE


Cooking spray
1 pork tenderloin (about 1 1/4 lbs)
salt and pepper
1/2 cup prepared mango chutney
1 habanero chile pepper, seeded and minced
1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into 1 inch pieces
1/2 cup diced fresh pineapple (or canned in juice, drained)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon ground cumin


1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Coat a shallow roasting pan with cooking spray.


2. Season the pork all over with salt and pepper and put it in the prepared pan. In a small bowl, combine the chutney and habanero. Mix well and then spoon the mixture all over the pork.


3. Roast or 25 minutes, or until a meat thermometer inserted into the center of the pork reads 160 degrees. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing into 1/2 inch thick slices.


4. Meanwhile, to make the guacamole, in a medium bowl, combine the avocado, pineapple, cilantro, lime juice, and cumin. Mix well and season with salt and pepper.


5. Transfer the guacamole to a serving platter. Nestle the pork slices into the guacamole and serve.

1 comment:

We love to hear your thoughts, good bad or random! We love comments of all kinds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios