Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year?


First of all, holy crap, it's 2010?! I can't believe its the beginning of a new year. This time last year, I was preping for my baby shower and making a crazy long list of things still to do before WEB arrived. Now he's 9 months old! Where does the time go!

Second of all, to be honest, I'm a little jealous of Lani's resolutions. I usually end up making my resolutions too hard to keep, so I give up before I start. This year, I think I'll try to keep it simple.

1) Eat better. This goes for me and my boys. I got a bunch of fun new cookbooks for Christmas and intend to use them to their fullest this year. I expect them to be food splattered, dog-eared, and soggy by December... Ok maybe not soggy, but you get the idea. They shall be well loved. :)

2) Lose weight. This means a lot of things. (a) Get out of the house and go for more walks - I live in SoCal, it never is really too cold to go outside and go for a walk. (b) This goes hand in hand with #1. (c) Either go to the gym and maybe take some mommy time on Sunday or Monday morning for a pilates/yoga/Turbo Kickboxing class, or save the money and cancel the membership. Use it or lose it! In essence, I'm not expecting to be a size zero, let alone a size 4, but I would settle for an 8. Maybe by my anniversary in October? That seems reasonable.

3) Spend less. Instead of cruising through the clothing section at Target, head straight down and only get the stuff on my list. I don't need a new anything. I have tons of clothes and will have more to choose from if I stick with #2 and can go shopping in my old closet.

4) Pay off debt. This year, I'm finally getting Hubby to consolidate our finances into one account so we can keep track of our cheese better. I'm giving us two years to get our stuff in order so we can upgrade to a bigger house in time to think about baby numero two. Kids three years apart sounds doable.

So what are your resolutions for the new year? Got any? Think you'll keep 'em? Do tell! Do tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your thoughts, good bad or random! We love comments of all kinds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios