Monday, December 21, 2009

Sick Mommy



I have been sick for over 2 weeks now. Runny/stuffy nose, cough, sore throat, plugged ears, sinus pressure, etc. In that time, WEB got sick and I had to take him in to see the Dr. He has run through all 10 days of his antibiotic and is looking and feeling much better. Just when I thought my body was battling this cold and I was on the up and up, I woke up today feeling worse than I have all week. I am sick of being sick!

This is the 2nd time I've been sick since WEB was born. It's rough! There is no laying down to take a nap when you feel like it. There is no opportunity to whine and have your Hubby take care of you. Everything that I have to get done on a normal day still needs to be done. The laundry still needs to be washed because Hubby has run out of underwear and WEB has run out of pjs. The dishes are still in the sink and bottles need to be washed. And the best part of getting sick during the holiday season is all of the extra chores that get tacked on. There's Christmas shopping to be done, groceries to be bought, and a Christmas menu to organized and buy for. Not to mention the extra cleaning that needs to be done since we're going to have people over.

There is no rest for the weary. I have been so dishevled and disorganized lately, which is so not me. Yesterday I had to sit down and write a list of everything I need to get done before Christmas Eve. Where do I need to go and what do I need to get at each stop? What can I realistically accomplish each day? If I set my standards a little low, I can maybe tack on one more stop if I'm up to it and make the next day that much lighter. Despite my want to just lay in bed and play Bejeweled Blitz on Facebook last night, I stayed up till midnight wrapping gifts and realizing that maybe we did go a little overboard with gifts for WEB...

Well, this morning I had had enough. I finally called my Dr. to see if by some fat chance she still had an appointment available for today. And she did! Hallelujah! Hopefully she can give me something and I can miraculously recover in a few days' time. Please! Oh Please! Oh Please! I'm tired of being the sick, a little less patient, a little cranky mom. That's no way to be Christmas week! Santa's coming for crying out loud!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your thoughts, good bad or random! We love comments of all kinds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios