Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Anticipation!



T-minus 3 days and counting! Santa is coming to town! I have to say that the anticipation of his arrival is killing me! Hubby wrapped my gifts the other night in a strategic corner of the living room that I couldn't see from where I was sitting on the couch. I placed them under the tree when he was done wrapping them and carefully shook each one. There was one that was particularly large and heavy. What is it?! I have no clue! I was walking through Target this morning eyeing each box that was around the same size and picking it up to see if it was the same weight... I saw a few that were close, but not quite.

Then I try and rack my brain for anything that I might've told him that I wanted. I don't know what it could possibly be! Then I second guess what I got him, thinking that his gift is so much bigger, better, greater, than mine. Even though, what I got him is very fitting and I think he will enjoy...

The bonus is that we're both pretty good gift givers. We like to put a lot of thought into what we give people. Not just each other, but our friends and family too. Of course we still give gift cards, because who doesn't love a gift card to their favorite store?! ::cough::Target::cough... But that's usually a last resort.

I feel like this year we've been lacking in our holiday spirit. I've watched bits and pieces of Frosty and Rudolph and Elf, but I haven't seen Christmas Vacation yet! It's not Christmas until you watch Clark Griswold have a break down while dunking his cool moose glass into the bowl of eggnog! Hmm...maybe I'll have to put that on tonight after Will goes to bed and I wrap some more gifts and finish a Christmas present project.

I had to add the ultimate Christmas tree to this Christmasy post. Someday, I will get to go see the Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center... It's lame, but I love it. That's why Buddy the Elf and I get along so well...we just want to spread Christmas cheer by singing loud for all to hear and check out the best Christmas trees that we can find!

So what's on your Christmas wish list? Is there a holiday tradition that means that it's Christmas? I call my friend, Marie, the first time I hear "Last Christmas" by WHAM! because it isn't Christmas till we hear that song. I don't know why or how that came about, but it has... and it's hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your thoughts, good bad or random! We love comments of all kinds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios