Friday, December 11, 2009

FF: The sound of silence

I was baking cookies last night after Hunter went to bed (yay christmas time and baking!!) and afterwards I realized that I had gone almost an hour with no sound on in the house.  No tv, no radio, just Sonny snoring on the couch.  It was amazing how relaxed and refreshed I felt.  It was so calm and serene....that I decided to go the whole night without electronics and gadgets and noise.  I grabbed some hot cocoa and a magazine and just spent the evening in silence.

I always say that i have to have SOME sort of noise on in order to get anything done.  Even in college I would do my homework in front of the tv and i ALWAYS had my portable cd player with me....hard to believe that only 7 years ago ipods did not exist yet.  And lately there's the noise of the toys, movies, books, games, and the child himself.  I didn't realize how soothing silence could be!  It was just me, the cookies, and my thoughts.  It made me realize, too, that in a few months...there will rarely be a silent moment in the house with two kids flitting about!

Try it, I promise you'll like it.  I think you'll be surprised at how fast time actually goes by without any noise, and how relaxed you will feel.  What a wonderful way to end the day yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your thoughts, good bad or random! We love comments of all kinds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios