Thursday, December 10, 2009

It's SANTA! I know him!


I was cruising around the blogosphere, as Hubby calls it, and stumbled across this website - http://packagefromsanta.com/

How cool is this?! For $12.99 you can get a letter from Santa with a really pretty gold seal on it! The letter itself is like gold and then they went a step further and put a gold seal on it! AH-mazing!!! If you want to spend a little extra dough, you can get an autographed pic of Santa & Mrs. Claus, a Nice Certificate for your kid (Hopefully your kids are on the Nice List! I'm not sure he sends out Naughty Certificates...I think you just find out when you get coal instead of candy in your stocking...), and a Letter from Rudolph! I'm not plugging them, I just seriously think this is the coolest thing ever! I can just imagine Will talking about this year after year after year because it's the coolest thing EVER! I'm sure I'll be just as excited as him when the package arrives.

Hubby can testify that Christmas is MY favorite holiday. He loves Halloween, I love Christmas. I would light up the outside of our condo like I was Clark W. Griswold if I wasn't worried about a fine from our Home Owner's Association and my electric bill... I tear up when the snow falls after the fireworks at Disneyland during the holidays. I tear up at the end of Elf when he saves Christmas and fixes Santa's sleigh... I tear up on the last page of Polar Express (and now at the end of the movie) and always have since my mom got the book when we were kids. I guess I'm just a big kid. I LOVE holiday traditions! I almost (or did...) have a bit of a hissy fit when my mom was going to nix putting up all of our Hallmark ornaments that we've collected over the years since I was a kid and put up just plain ball ornaments all over the tree. It doesn't matter that I don't live there anymore and have my own tree. That was a few years ago and I notice that she still puts them up along with the balls now... It's tradition! It's a reminder of my childhood and how much fun we'd have getting out all the boxes of ornaments listening to some Burl Ives while untangling lights and making sure no bulbs were burnt out.

I told Hubby that I really want one of those wood or pretty chrome-looking thing of letters that says "Believe". Target, surprising, doesn't have them this year - at least not in my stores. I might have to nab one on clearance at the end of the season... Christmas is a chance for everyone to revert back to their childhood. It's about family, friends, food, laughs, and giving. I love spending time to figure out what to get my mom to make her cry. That means I hit the nail on the head! I love figuring out something fun for my friends that fits their personality or fills a personal joke we all have. And yes, I start making mine (and Hubby's and Will's) Christmas lists at the end of August because I don't allow Hubby to buy anything for himself until after Christmas. I have to throw our families a bone because he can be so hard to shop for. Plus it helps me figure out what we need, too.

I can't wait to start our own traditions in our new family this year. I tested out some things last year, like making monkey bread from scratch, and will continue to build on our traditions every year. A letter from Santa will definitely be one of them. Yes, WEB is only 8 months old (9 months 4 days after Christmas), but I can put it in his baby book and we can read them over the years as he collects one a year. It's a new tradition!

So start, continue, and have fun with your traditions and with the holidays! Don't stress about them. Or try not to. Everything will work out. Your guests won't starve because you forgot the potatoes. Sit down and enjoy your friends and family!

1 comment:

  1. I do that from time to time. In the mornings while WEB is taking his morning nap, sometimes I'll just sit with my coffee and a magazine and chill. It's so relaxing to sit in the quiet. I always go into the Quiet Room at the spa (The handful of times I've been...) and sit with a blanket, some cucumber water, and read a book. It's so calming!

    -Heather

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear your thoughts, good bad or random! We love comments of all kinds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios