Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My life in chaos...or least my house...

I always swore to myself that I would not be "that house" with kids stuff everywhere, messes to clean up, and just piles of STUFF everywhere.  Congratulations....I have not met my goal.  My house is most definitely "that house."

I can't help it, though!  I hate cleaning and folding laundry and all that while Hunter's awake as I like to play with him, but then I hate doing it while he naps because I feel like that's my time during the day. To workout, to shower, to eat a nice relaxing lunch without having to sing songs and distribute cheerios, and maybe to read or watch Martha...depending on how long he sleeps.  Then, when he goes to bed....I want to spend time with Sonny, so I don't feel like doing all the chores.  So, my house has officially turned into the messy pile of everything that needs to be put away.

And I hate it!  I do.  I look around and sigh at the unfolded blankets on the couch, the toys on the floor that don't have storage, the pile of laundry that is on my bed waiting to be folded.  I don't think I've made my bed in weeks!  Ugh...I guess it doesn't help that alot of our home organization and renovations or redecorating gets pushed back due to other unforseen money issues that come up.  So I have no desire to put away toys because we have yet to get a nice toy chest, or make the bed because it's just a white down comforter because the new duvet has gotten pushed back. (sigh)

But I guess, at the end of the day, when I'm curled up on the couch with Sonny, reading my book as he's watching the Phillies kick some Dodger behind.....it's been a good day. You know?  Yeah so the beds weren't made, laundry wasn't folded, bins of Hunter's too small clothes weren't put in storage....but I got to have me time, play time, and now relaxing time.  It'll all get done, and who am I trying to impress anyway?  Right?

Just don't open my closests if you ever come over....it could be a dangerous avalanche.....

1 comment:

We love to hear your thoughts, good bad or random! We love comments of all kinds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios