Monday, October 19, 2009

Ahhhh, Monday...


Today was a day of organization and planning. I have taken on the daunting task of planning a baby shower for my friend that is having triplets! Yep, you read that right. TRIPLETS! WOOT! So needless to say, this has got to be the mother of all baby showers since she's probably not going to be doing this again. I am also co-hosting a Sprinkle for Ms. Lani and her new baby on the way. For those of you now wondering what a Sprinkle is, it's a small baby shower for a momma having her 2nd, 3rd, etc child. A nice way to welcome the baby and celebrate the mom, no matter how many babies she has.

These showers are a month apart. Holy moly... Originally they were going to be two weekends back to back. YIKES!!! Thank goodness we upped my soon-to-be trip mom's shower so it will be a month earlier. But it will be a lot more fun for her since she won't be quite so huge and might actually be able to enjoy her party instead of being laid up the whole time.

Hubby was kind enough to watch WEB this afternoon while I drove around to some stores to start budgeting for these showers and get some ideas. There are so many ideas running through my head that I have to widdle them down. For my trip-mom, I think we're going to roll with an undersea theme. I'm not a cheesy themey person. I try to take a theme, but make it modern and fun. The top picture shows some super adorable felt animals that would be an awesome addition to our centerpieces if they didn't cost an arm and a leg. I've found some other alternatives that will be just as cute and much nicer on my wallet.

For Lani's Sprinkle, I still have to collaborate with my co-host. I have pulled some super fun and girly things, but I don't know if we'll go with any of them. Plus, I think we're going to keep the details secret so Lani is surprised so that when she walks in to her utterly fabulous party she's speechless. However, these feather trees are rockin' my world! I really want to use them for something. Maybe I'll throw myself a birthday party just so I can make these the centerpieces. Ha Ha! I love Hostess with the Mostess and all of her fab ideas. I'll definitely be taking a cue from her and twisting it all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your thoughts, good bad or random! We love comments of all kinds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios