Friday, October 23, 2009

FF: GO PHILS!!!

Yup, the NCLS has been a constant fixture in our house for the past week or so and I'm proud to announce that the Phillies are going to the World Series!!!  Just had to give a shout out to my new home team!

The series is my friday fave because baseball holds so many GOOD memories for me.  My dad used to get tickets to the Arizona Diamondbacks games when he worked in AZ, I would go to A's games with friends in high school, and one of the first things that Sonny and I did when I moved here was to go to a Phillies game, and I even got a huge kiss from the mascot my second Phillies game (the Philly Phanatic....you know....that crazy green thing you see dancing on the dugout) .  Not to mention that I was a halfway decent 3rd base-woman in softball.  I just love the feel and the excitement of the game, especially when you're at the ballpark.  There's just something about having a hot dog in one hand, a beer in the other, while trying to dance with the mascot and cheering on your team. 

And baseball is such a classy sport to....seriously!  I've been to a couple football games in my life and they are horrible compared to baseball fans (for the most part).  When you're at the ballpark it's kinda like being at a hometown Disneyland....people are courtious, nice, not terribly rowdy, and everyone is there for one goal....seeing the team win!  It's such a family atmosphere too....and I know I'm SO excited to take Hunter there for the first time.  Sonny and I already are planning on buying a pack of home game tickets to make it a fun summertime activity.

So go PHILLIES!!!  Congrats on making it this far, and thank you from the fans for working so hard!  REPEAT!!!  Woot!

1 comment:

  1. I'm rootin' for an Angels vs. Phillies World Series. That would be awesome!
    -Heather

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear your thoughts, good bad or random! We love comments of all kinds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios