Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The eyes have it


Are you pregnant? A new mom? Well, then it's time to invest in some super duper eye equipment! It all starts when you're pregnant, well at least it did for me. Towards the end of the 2nd trimester I was having trouble sleeping for a number of reasons. I was boiling hot all the time. I'd wake up drenched in sweat in the middle of the night. I got up to pee 32 times at night. Half the time I was 70% asleep until I was already on my way back from the bathroom! And then there's the huge belly that makes sleeping in any position quite a task, especially for me because I'm a belly sleeper.

Then you're a new mom. Everything is great and wonderful and you sit and stare at this adorable little bundle in disbelief. For the first week or two, the lack of sleep doesn't seem to make you look too zombie-rific, but around week 3 you might have the ugliest bags under your eyes. Here's where your troops come in...

Pick up an under eye cream. If you do nothing else to your face during the day, at least put on your eye cream and whatever face moisturizer you've got. I tried to put it on in the morning and at night at the very least. Sometimes I'd just leave it on the counter in the bathroom because, yes, I'm that lazy. But if it's sitting on the counter slapping me in the face, I'll remember to do it, even when I haven't slept in days.

Slowly but surely you stop seeing every hour of everyday and your baby starts to sleep more - more is a relative term...we're talking maybe a 4 hour stretch if you're lucky. You actually have time to shower and put on a 5 minute face of makeup. You need some under eye concealer. If all I had time to do was foundation, eye concealer, and a stroke of mascara, I felt a million times better. I didn't look like a zombie bride, or in this case, zombie mom, or at least not as much of one.

I have used quite a few different eye creams and concealers and I haven't found one that I'm particularly in love with, yet. I was using Bobbi Brown concealers and they worked well, but I felt like they sometimes became cakey. Not to mention now, they're just not in my budget. Right now I'm using Neutrogena Healthy Skin Eye Cream and Neutrogena Skin Soothing Under Eye Corrector, because I'm a frequent Target shopper and it's convenient. I'm not super thrilled with the results of the eye cream. If I am super diligent with using it at least twice a day, then I guess it's better than not using anything. I do like the corrector. I use Neutrogena foundation, so this goes nicely with the colors and is easy to apply. The container it comes in is nice. Just make sure you dab your eye cream and concealer when you apply it. Never swipe. And I find using some powder to set the concealer helps it last longer and doesn't let my eyeliner smear into the concealer. I think next time I need to restock on my cream, I'll try some Oil of Olay. I really like their day and night moisturizers and the makeup remover cloths. It's worth a shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your thoughts, good bad or random! We love comments of all kinds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios