Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Four Letter Word - D I E T

I didn't worry too much about what I ate while I was pregnant, especially the last month or two. I was at a point where I was so big and swollen and uncomfortable that if the double cheeseburger and chocolate shake was going to make me happy, that's what I ate. Then after I gave birth, I was breastfeeding. You can't really diet while you're breastfeeding because you have to maintain eating 200-500 extra calories.

Well, now WEB's nutrient intake doesn't depend on me and what I eat. I've been working out pretty solidly for 3 weeks straight and haven't seen more than maybe a 2 lb loss. I admit that I haven't exactly had the greatest eating habits, but I haven't been pigging out everyday either.

I'm having a hard time changing my brain out of pregnancy eating mode. From the get-go, I had to snack throughout the day during my first trimester because I had morning sickness. The only way to keep myself from getting nauseous was to constantly have something in my tummy. I have eaten that way for about a year now. I had to train myself to eat this way, and now I catch myself snacking when I'm not hungry.

I feel like I can't do my regular diet tricks, like SlimFast, for some reason. I'm trying to cook and eat at home as much as possible, but it doesn't seem like it is making too much of a dent when I jump on the scale. On top of that, I have lost my self control. If we're at my mom's house and she asks if I want some ice cream, I can't say no. I have a severe weakness for sweets. It's hard to stay away because they call my name, taunting me...

I'm not sure what the answer is, other than more of the same. I need to keep eating at home and making meals at home. I need to drink more water and probably cut out my one Coca-Cola or one coffee every other day. And I need to keep up the 30 Day Shred. Yeah, Yeah, Yeah...I know...it took 9 months to gain the weight, it's going to take at least that long to lose it. It just sucks. I have all these cute clothes, but they're in boxes because I can't fit into them. I guess that's motivation enough to keep up the good work - cute clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your thoughts, good bad or random! We love comments of all kinds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios