Thursday, July 23, 2009

Friday Fave : Getting Your Hair Done

There's nothing quite like getting your hair done at a salon. It's a nice hour or two break from the real world where you can get a little pampered and walk out looking and feeling great! I got my hair done this week. The last time I had gotten my hair done was back in February right before my baby shower. It had been 6 months and boy was my hair showing it! I usually get color done all over too and I hadn't had that done since I had gotten pregnant over a year ago!

I love plopping my butt down in that cushy chair and turning my tresses over to my favorite professional. She shakes her head at me because I waited for so long to make another appointment, but immediately gets to working her magic. After sitting with some color on my hair for a little bit with my nose in a book or great tabloid mag, I get a nice thorough head wash with a mini scalp massage. Then it's off to start chopping away. I've always been one to try new things and I usually go through a phase of medium to long hair for a few years and then get sick of it, so I tell my gal to do what she wants - which usually means she tries out the lasted short do out on me. Hair grows back so there's no need to be stressed out over trying new things. And if for some reason you really hate it, take some prenatal vitamins and your hair will grow back in no time!

Walking out of the salon a an hour or two later, my hair smells good, is shiny, and perfect. I feel like a million bucks! Yes, these days, being on a budget I don't get to go in as often as I would like, but I try to make it a priority as a nice thing to do for myself a couple times a year. It's a good chance for a mom to recharge her batteries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your thoughts, good bad or random! We love comments of all kinds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios