Monday, January 14, 2013

chuRROS

DSC_0292Odd looking, but still totally delicious!

One of our neighbors and good friends threw a Mexican fiesta over the holidays, and I was charged with bringing dessert.  There is almost nothing that I would rather have for a Mexican desert than churros….trust me that’s where my money goes when I’m at Disneyland!  But since the Magic Kingdom is nowhere near New Jersey and I’m not totally willing to spend $3.50 a pop to feed a crowd (myself maybe…but not others.  I need to work on sharing…), I thought I’d try my hand at making them.  I used this recipe here and it was so simple and SO easy.  The only thing I might change is to get a larger star tip, as mine was a bit wimpy and they came out looking a little wormy.  Still, these were so worth the effort and are definitely going to be a staple in my quick comfort food arsenal!

 

DSC_0278DSC_0281DSC_0283DSC_0282DSC_0284DSC_0286

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your thoughts, good bad or random! We love comments of all kinds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios