Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Raising a glass!

This year marks the 10th year of me graduating college.

 

 

I’m sorry….I just died.

 

10 Years holy crap!  Where did the time go? What happened to my carefree days of unabashed reckless behavior and total lack of responsibility??  Oh yeah….I had kids.

SO me and 7 of my best girlfriends from college went on a fantastic trip to Paso Robles.  It’s the CUTEST little town about and hour from San Luis Obispo right in the middle of Santa Barbara wine country.  I seriously had the best time.  It’s amazing that I haven’t seen some of these girls in 3-4 years and I feel like it just picked up right where we left off.  It made me realize what good friends can mean in your life.  I said to them that I didn’t realize how much I missed them until I saw them.  Somehow….Craig and I have to get back to California Winking smile

 

DSC_0072

The house we stayed in was BEYOND gorgeous.  It was my best friend, Megan’s, Dad’s best friend from high schools lake house.  You get that all?  In short….it was free.  HOLLA!  Gorgeous views…I had my coffee out here in the morning and my wine out here in the evening…

DSC_0041

We got to all cook each other meals, and I made pizza on the grill the first night whilst Megan picked out a wonderful assortment of cheeses and wines for appetizers, and the second night my sorority big sis made us shrimp, sausage, and grits.  TO. DIE.  I did not get a picture of that though…as I was thoroughly filled to the brim with wine and barely remembered I had a camera…

DSC_0035DSC_0036DSC_0042DSC_0044

Anyone know off hand how to take a group shot and getting everyone in focus?  That was not my forte this trip.  Anyway….because we are now smart girls (as opposed to 10 years ago) and realize that people who drink should not drive….we got ourselves a limo for wine tasting.  Best idea ever.  Our driver was AMAZING.  I mean…not only was he an amazing driver, but an amazing picture taker, and he ordered lunch for us, and he was beyond a cutie, and funny to boot.  He’s 23 and in a barbershop quartet.  I mean….who does that??  What 23 year old does that??  So adorable!  I was really trying to hook up my Megan for a 3 night stand…you know….cuz one would just be slutty….

DSC_0050DSC_0052DSC_0053DSC_0057DSC_0059DSC_0107

And of course…the wine was fabulous.  Even though I pretty much got hammered (mom+wine-kids and daily life=dangerous), I did happen to find out about a wine I had never heard of called a Mouvedre.  I like it very much.  I didn’t get a bottle at these vineyards as I had a carry-on only and I think that a bottle is well over the 3 oz limit…so I will be certainly scouring my liquor store for some.

DSC_0069

DSC_0098

DSC_0116DSC_0135

DSC_0156

DSC_0172DSC_0174.2

Through all the ups and downs with various people I’ve had in my life, I am fully aware how  honored I am to have friends like these in my life.  There are truly no greater women in the world than these 7 ladies….and this weekend built so many memories for me and brought back so many more.  Great getaway with great friends.  What more could a girl ask for? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your thoughts, good bad or random! We love comments of all kinds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios