Friday, June 1, 2012

Throw down....a new rug that is....


I have a love/hate relationship with shopping for home accessories because I always think "what if there's something better out there for me?  Well in the case of my powder room rug...that was exactly the case!

In case you don't remember, I picked up this little baby on clearance and Target and thought it looked pretty sweet in the powder room.



But then..while cruising TJ Maxx and fully intending NOT to buy anything (which is just planning poorly...because I don't think I've ever been able to go into one of those stores and not find SOMETHING)...I spotted this rug.


And clearly my little son likes to hang out in the bathroom while I try to take pictures.  He was saying "go pee pee" here....oh lord please spare me a couple months before I have to start potty training again.  But back the the rug...


GORGEOUS!  I didn't really know that I was going to put it in here...but I love it.  I think the blue is perfect, and I just need to get a few more accessories or art to complement it on the walls.  And it helps that I found this little gem


By Cynthia Rowley...$7.  Really can't beat that!  I feel like this has given me the direction I want to really finish off this room.  And the rug fills the space so much better!  I think the black and cream rug will be relocated to our second powder room down in the basement and set the tone for the room, because I DO still love it!  So I don't have to be worried about finding something better, because this time it all worked out in the end!  Now excuse me while I go admire my new rug....from the doorway I mean...not while in the bathroom...nevermind...  :)



3 comments:

  1. OOOH drooling over the new rug. Super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm, don't think the blue goes at all with your striped wall colors. Maybe something in white or an all black accent would make the other items pop! Just saying (I do love your stripes tho!).

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear your thoughts, good bad or random! We love comments of all kinds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios