Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Go Shorty, It’s Your Birthday!

Happy Birthday, Lani!

And since I’m not in Jersey to give you a big fat birthday hug, here you go:
ChicagoJersey05 041
I didn’t want to get all mushy on Lani’s birthday and tell you how we practically share the same brain, except my half is a tad less neurotic and doesn’t say ya’ll or hella. Man, we were skinny in that picture (above). That was obviously pre-kiddos… circa October 2005.
I definitely won’t tell you that I miss her terribly. It is hard to find friends that share your interests, but especially ones that share so many of the same interests. The kicker is when you only find out you share all of those interests, after they move across country. Womp womp… It just makes the time we do get to spend together, that much more fun because we’re crazy and try to cram as much as possible into it. HEY! Let’s sew, paint, scrapbook, go thrifting, have a martini, eat, eat, and eat some more…

lani's party 020
If you couldn’t tell, Lani is photogenic, and so is our friend, Megan. While I, obviously, am not… You’d think I was the one with a Malaysian momma… ha!

Lani & Craig's Wedding Sept 22 2007 029
Her and Sonny got married at Disneyland Hotel’s Rose Garden, and we danced the night away in the ballroom.

DSC01718
The woman can strike a pose. Doesn’t matter when or where, she will find that camera and rock it. She must have some kind of camera-dar.

DSC04116
She always has ideas of places to go, things to do, people to see. She’s busy and she’ll keep you on your toes!

DSC04125
What did I say about striking a pose? And notice my sunglasses to cover up my squinty eyes…

Lani & Craig's Wedding Sept 22 2007 014
She apparently loves Baloo, a lot. Nah, it’s just a bunch of bubbly girls with a few mimosas in their system. Winking smile

Lani & Craig's Wedding Sept 22 2007 024
And Baloo apparently had a mimosa or two, too… Hitting on a bunch of married and soon to be married girls before Lani & Sonny got married. For shame, Baloo. For shame.

DSC04161
She enjoys a boba tea as much as the next guy. Shhh… don’t tell her there’s something in her teeth. Let’s see how long until she notices!

DSC04017
Lani moved across country to be with this guy. I think Hubby and I were some of the only people to tell her to go! Do it! And when we met Sonny, the deal was sealed. Sometimes its hard to tell who we like more… The best way to get to know a guy is to feed him the best pancakes in town. We left that breakfast knowing Lani was moving, they were going to get married, and I probably cried the whole way home.

I guess I don’t know how to get mushy. Happy Birthday, Lani! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your thoughts, good bad or random! We love comments of all kinds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios