Friday, November 25, 2011

Festive tabletop

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  Ours was filled with great food (pat myself on the back for that one), good company….and lots of wine!  So it was pretty much perfect in my eyes!  We host the turkey day meal at my house, so I like to take a little time to prepare a cute table.  I already told you all about my Thanksgiving tree here, and I just wanted to show you a little of what I did all around it.  I personally thought it was pretty cute!
DSC_0775
I went with a pretty neutral color scheme, not totally the traditional reds, oranges, and yellows.  There are still some pops of that on the mantel, but that was mainly to set off the awesome artwork that was displayed.  Yup, my turkey made that turkey back there.  I wanted to create a feeling of nature and fall, but to still keep it light.  And I think this scheme can totally carry into the Christmas season, so i basically decorated for 2 holidays!  Bonus! Because I had a whole bundle still left of burlap from who knows how many crafts, I created some burlap placemats.  I frayed the edges a bit to give them just a little oomph
DSC_0781
I even got resourceful and used those little burlap strings to tie the notes on the tree and to twine around the vase.  I also used them as the napkin rings by just wrapping a few around.  You can kind of see them in the pics above…but I thought I was certainly channeling the ancient Native Americans on Thanksgiving.  You know…using everything you’ve got and wasting nothing kind of thing.
DSC_0780
I found these green mini Hydrangeas at my Wegman’s store and thought they would be perfect to add those pops of the lime green I wanted.  And I really love the crystal to just add the touch of elegance to the natural elements of the tree and burlap.
DSC_0779
And then to top it all off, some super fabulous place cards that can be re-used to make something delicious later!!!  I of course poorly planned this, and I initial wanted to carve everyone’s names into the apples, but it was looking like a 3 year old had done it so I moved on to what I had. Actually…I digress…My 3 year old could have probably made them look better. If I had a plan B in place, I would have gotten a gold pen to write the names.  Just sayin’.
All in all it was a totally fantastic day.  My favorite dish was a pumpkin meringue pie and the meringue was so crazy perfect I was giddy.  I think I even may have done a little booty shake in the kitchen.  In fact…just thinking about it makes me want to go grab a slice!  Hope you all have a great weekend and get your holiday shopping/decorating/eating on!

5 comments:

  1. Such a pretty clean, crisp look! Love your burlap placemats, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Love the colors of white and green that you chose. What a creative idea to use the apples for place cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I love the simple green and white =) Visiting from Centsational Girl...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple elegance works every time! I too love the combinatin of green and white, and the burlap adds such a nice textural touch! Thank you so much for linking up your lovely table today!
    xo
    Kate

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear your thoughts, good bad or random! We love comments of all kinds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios