Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Cute project from clearance and scraps..

Yeah it's not the most clever of post titles...but it is what it is!  I just came back from a fabulous holiday weekend at the beach (more on that later) and my mind isn't all back together yet.  But I thought I'd share a little quickie project with you that I accomplished right before the holiday.

I got this tray for $4.99 on clearance at Target (which you can read about here), but really wasn't that fond of the picture things going on.  I'm all for Love, Memories, and Cherish-ing....but just wasn't feeling the matte. 

So I simply took a piece of my favorite fabric sample that got the thumbs down for the kitchen chairs and pieced it together (ever so carefully!) to make my blah tray into a smashing centerpiece for my ottoman!

I am just in love with this ikat print fabric...and it was my second vote for the chairs when I brought them home...but Sonny and I couldn't agree on this...so obviously we went with a different one.  But I still had to use it somewhere!  I love just the little pop of lightness it creates on my horrible dark brown ottoman.

Can you see where I pieced it together because I was just a tad short?  Pretty good huh?  I love it!  If my little Jagger weren't so grabby grabby...I would totally zsuzsh this up with some candles and maybe a little dish and my cute starfish that I got from Ocean City....but right now it's empty and really just holds snack bowls of cheerios during the day.  I'm cool with that though.  Anything to make my life a little cuter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your thoughts, good bad or random! We love comments of all kinds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios