Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Awesome App - Shopkick!

Who doesn't like to do free things to get free stuff?! Enter the brilliance that is Shopkick, a free app for your Android or iPhone that will help you earn freebies and maybe save you a few buckaroos along the way. Be careful... 1) You WILL get addicted and 2) It WILL change your life... Ok. Maybe it won't change your life, but you will probably become obsessed with it like me.

Hubby told me about this app a couple of weeks ago. I had to jump through some of the most ridiculous hoops to get it on my phone because I didn't have the up-to-date Android software, but the second he said I can earn points every time I walk into Target that will eventually get me a Target gift card, I was S-O-L-D-! You pick your favorite 25 stores out of their ever expanding list: Babies R Us, Barnes & Noble, Bed Bath & Beyond, Best Buy, Crate & Barrel, Costco, DSW, Express, Forever 21, Gap, Home Depot, Kohl's, Macy's, Michael's, Nordstrom, Old Navy, Sephora, Target, The Children's Place, Toys R Us, Urban Outfitters, Victoria's Secret, and many many more!


Some stores, mostly the bigger places like Target & Best Buy, let you earn points when you walk in the store and open the app. Bam! 60 kicks. Those same stores usually have a "Scans" section where you scan the bar code of the items listed for more "kicks". Obviously the more visits & the more scans you get, the more kicks you'll get, and the faster you'll earn your rewards.

All other stores have deals and coupons you can use at that store. For example, at Target right now, I can use my Shopkick app in the store to get 15% off a Coleman camping item, $0.75 off Colgate Max Toothpaste, $0.75 Up&Up Feminine Care Product, $0.50 Up&Up hair care item, and a ton of other things. They also include a lot of the deals that are shown in the week's ad.

The best part...now it's kind of a competition between Hubby & I. Currently, I'm winning with my 733 kicks. I could cash them in now for a $2 Best Buy gift certificate (500 kicks), or $25 towards my next hotel stay (625 kicks). I might be saving my kicks for a Coach Hand Bag, which is basically a $300 Coach gift card (75,000 kicks). Or maybe the Around The World Trip on Princess Cruises (6,250,000 kicks). Ha! I'll probably settle for a nice $25 Target gift card because Target is like my crack.


So there you go, friends. Free app to earn free stuff.
Your welcome.


***Disclaimer: We didn't get paid or get anything in return for this review. It's purely our opinion on a product that we love that makes our lives more awesome. We can't help ourselves from sharing awesomeness with you!***

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your thoughts, good bad or random! We love comments of all kinds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios