Friday, March 25, 2011

Budget Entertainment - Reading

We are always on the hunt for ways to spend our wind-down time in the evenings with Will. He is quite the bedtime challenge. Just when we think we're in the clear, he decides he doesn't want to stay in his bed and going to bed turns into a 2 hour ordeal. So after a few of those nights, I needed a break. I ran some errands while Hubby put Will to bed alone. When I came home, he told me they did this:


Will got a flashlight, or two, or five, in his stocking for Christmas. He thinks they are the coolest things ever. So he has been known to sneak off into his room, or a dark corner of my room, with his flashlight. Hubby, being the smart guy he is, told Will to grab his flashlight so they could read in his tent (which he also got for Christmas. You can more read about that excitement here.).

Needless to say, I was really bummed I missed out on the fun while I was gone. They kindly reenacted it the next night.


Will holds the flashlight, while Daddy holds the book and reads. We bring his pillow inside, everyone gets comfy, and the fun begins! He's let me take Dad's place a couple of times, but I'm not as good with shadow puppets... And I'm sure I just don't do it "right".

Looking for something fun to do with the family on a Friday night? Crawl into a tent, grab a flashlight or two, and read a few books before bedtime. Don't have a tent? Grab a pile or sheets and blankets, and show your kids your fort making skillz! Kick the whole adventure up a notch and bring in a bowl of Cheerios to snack on. This is, by far, one of my favorite past times with my boys, and it's FREE!

1 comment:

  1. There's a great Buzz Lightyear Flashlight that can clip on to your "utility belt." The best things is that once the button is released it turns off. It is a great battery saver.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear your thoughts, good bad or random! We love comments of all kinds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios