Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Blind Love

I took the plunge and got DirecTV. I cannot tell you how excited I am to have a ridiculous amount of channels, better service, more hard drive space on my DVR, all while saving oodles of money. Our cable bill alone was $90 a month. Our rationale is that we don't go out like we used to. We don't go see movies and go spend money on a whim, so having a nice cable package makes sense since most of our nights are spend in. Well, why am I going to spend $90-100 a month when I can spend less than half that for WAY more stuff! Booya! My only teeny tiny stupid complaint is that our new receiver doesn't have a digital clock on it.
So...I might get one of these to put on the wall before I lose my mind:



Next up is our new kitchen blinds. I got these heavy wood roman shades almost 2 years ago. They helped block out the heat, which is a huge deal in our kitchen because we get direct sunlight for a while and it just makes our kitchen and living room into a sauna. Torture. Well, they were so heavy that they caused the cords to break. And then our kitchen looked like this:



The ghetto-fab shade on left is sitting on the window sill and the right one fell down completely...complete with the white spot on the wall where I didn't paint. It's just peachy.

Well, JCPenney was having a sale! I got a lovely Levolor shade that was originally $700+ for just under $200! Thank you JCPenney sale and a RetailMeNot printable coupon for an additional 15% off. And! I got a single continuous shade for my giant 96" wide window.

I am in love with how clean this looks.

I told Hubby that it feels so grown up now. He said "I know. I feel like I need to go do my taxes now". Ha!
It wouldn't be a home improvement without a missing screw or two and some colorful language during the install. I'm thinking about adding a faux roman shade valance to the top. I'll have to wait until I find a fabric that tickles my fancy, but I like the idea of softening it up a little bit.

And yes, those are Girl Scout cookies on the table. mmmm Samoas.

1 comment:

  1. Great job on the new blinds! Looks much betta and no white spot! =)

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear your thoughts, good bad or random! We love comments of all kinds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios