Wednesday, February 23, 2011

It's the Little Things

It was a day-off like most others. Will went down for his nap in the afternoon, while Hubby & I relaxed, ate some lunch, and caught up on our DVR shows. It's been a busy couple of weeks, followed by a busy weekend, so our queue was full!

Will woke up from his nap and wandered in the living room, complete with pillow hair and all it's glory. He was in a good mood. He sat with us on the couch for a few minutes. He needs some time to just chill when he wakes up, like me. If you throw too much at us when we wake up, we get cranky.

I asked him if he was ready for a snack. His response was a very enthusiastic "Yeah!". I grabbed a cutie and an apple, while he got his blanket out and spread it on the living room floor. That's where after nap snack happens, on his blanket, on the floor, while we watch a little Spongebob. It's our little indoor picnic before we finish up the rest of our day.

"Do you want an orange or an apple?"
"Ar" - That's orange in Will speak...

So I peeled his orange, and he ate it, while I ate the apple, and he stole a bite or two. Afterward I offered a few Pop Chips. He ate one or two, but wanted my apple more than he wanted the chips. Hubby asked for a chip or two. Will nicely shared some with Dad. After Hubby & I "shared" Will's chips, there weren't many left. I'm not gonna lie, I ate the last one. And then Hubby asked Will for another. Will walked over to the bowl, and looked at me and said "Oh no!".
"Sorry honey. They're all gone."
He walked over to Dad and said "Momma. Mmmmmooore? Ch-t-ips? Teeze?"
"Sure! Thank you for asking so politely!"
Then he walked back over to Dad and patted his cheek almost like he was saying "It's ok, Dad. I got your back."

It both cracked me up and warmed my heart until I started to tear up. These are the little things that we, as parents, strive for. Hubby & I harp on the fact that we want our baby boy to be kind and thoughtful, among all of the other personality traits we all want our kids to have. But these two are at the top of the list. And having him take care of his Dad, even if it's over some silly chips, just melts my heart. It means I'm doing a good job! All of this hard work raising a crazy tot including the rough days, the great days, and all of the in-between days, pay off when he does something like that, unprovoked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your thoughts, good bad or random! We love comments of all kinds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios