Thursday, January 20, 2011

Oh Snap!!

I have been longing for a DSLR for the longest time.  I told Sonny that I would give up all presents, an arm, a leg, maybe one of the kids for one.  I've really been wanting it since Hunter was born way back when (2.5 years ago....I can't believe it's been that long already), but was not in the cards.  Although...if I had known back then what our finances would be now...totally would have sprung for one.

Anyhoo, I've been researching and researching and I think that I've finally come to a decision on what I want...drumroll please.... The Nikon 3100 with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S DX VR Nikkon Zoom Lens!!!  Hooty hoo!!! Everybody say yeah....(YEAH)...say uh uh (what?).    After careful and thorough research, I decided on this camera for its ease to use (hey...I'm an amateur and need to learn as I go), it's general price point (I will keep searching for the best deal), and the fact that it's kinda in between Nikon's beginner beginner camera and they're high end camera. I'm hoping that I go from super amateur to self taught better than amateur photographer with a camera like this.



I'm also hoping to stop taking pics like this....






Just kidding, Hunter took these lovelies while grabbing my little point and shoot behind my back.  That child....he's a sneaky one.  I especially like the close up of his brother's hand...it's just so cute that he was trying to take a picture of his brother.  I wish I had an additional camera to capture the adorableness of him grabbing my camera....hm.
I also decided on the Nikon because, although the body is more expensive than those of the Canon line, the lenses seem to generally be less expensive.  Again....I'm a beginner to being an amateur...but I'd rather pay more for a better body to (hopefully) make that last longer and less for the accessories.  I may learn that this is the opposite of what you should be doing...but whatev.

Now my only obstacle is getting Sonny to give the green light to plop the cash down for one.  I'm slowly putting money aside, in hopes that I can maybe get it for my birthday and learn how to use it before our big Vegas/Disneyland trip in May!

Anybody out there have any tips for a beginner?  What's better, spending more for the body, the lenses, or both?  Let us know your thoughts...as I know Heather's in the market for one too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your thoughts, good bad or random! We love comments of all kinds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios