Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Great Dates!

Saturday night was a great night....it was date night!  And not just any date night...it was one of those drop-the-kids-off-at-grandmas-and-don't-pick-em-up-til-the-next-evening date nights!!!  Sonny and I haven't had one since....I don't even remember.  Although the night was filled with great food and great company (Sonny's Sis and her hubs), the best part about the whole evening was actually the next morning when we just got to lay there and do nothing!  That is my idea of bliss.  Just leave me alone.

Anyway, the night was great besides the fact that it had dumped about 4" of snow that day and was bitter cold.  Plus my hair was a mess and my makeup was atrocious.  That's what happens when you don't have the balls to drive in snow to drop the kids off early and take your time to get ready.  Blame the Southern California in me....I just don't do well in snow and rain!  The air was so dry that my hair was all static.  Sonny kept commenting on how nice i look with my hair sticking to my face.  It was quite awful.  Gotta still work on getting a "winter" makeup kit and a summer makeup kit.


We went into downtown Philadelphia, which if you've never been to Philadelphia, you may only know the art museum steps via Rocky Balboa.  But it really is a beautiful city.  We had a great meal on Broad street, then went to a fancy lounge at the Ritz (OH...SO FANCY!!!!!).  OK wait...FIRST we went to this bar about a block away from the Ritz...where there was a bouncer asking $5 a person, it was loud, dark, and scantily clad.  All four of us were like....uhhhhhh......and yes...despite the wind, temps in the teens, and the fact that I couldn't feel my butt...we chose to go to the Ritz because that just isn't our scene anymore.  We were all a little shocked that we chose a lounge over a fun, loud, bar....but I think for the four of us the point was to get away from "children".  Wow I sound old.

We had a great time having drinks (I had a coffee with Bailys, because if you know me at all, you know i love my Jo) and talking, and before we knew it, it was 2 am!!  Wow!  This is my sister in law and me getting tired and goofy in the elevator back to the car.


The night was just great and just what I needed to recharge the batteries and get my but in gear to get this year going right!  Already I've gotten 2 projects done that have been on the List forever, and have so many more that are rearing to go!  Oh...and just to show you how not young I am anymore...I woke up at about 5 with a screaming headache that wouldn't go away.  Sonny got me Tylenol and water at 6:am.....then woke me up with a lovely tray of toast, fruit, and orange juice around 8 so I could have breakfast in bed.  Awwwww....a treaty from my sweetie! 


{Awww...he's got crazy eyes...}


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your thoughts, good bad or random! We love comments of all kinds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios