Tuesday, October 12, 2010

New Romance

The Hubs and I celebrated our 4 year anniversary last week. Wowza! Where did the time go!? Married for 4 years and we've been together for almost 7 years! Hubby and I treated ourselves to a date night at Knott's Scary Farm a couple days before our actual anniversary, where I proceeded to scream my guts out and eat some delicious cheesy jalapeno fries. A couple quick tips for a scary good time:
- Go on a Sunday - Less lines. We didn't wait in a single line for any of the 13 mazes. Yes, we did ALL of the mazes and even a couple rides!
- Go early in the month - Not only is it cheaper, it's less expensive.
- Take advantage of the Pre-Scare Dinner - You get in early, enjoy some delicious chicken & the best mashed potatoes & gravy. Even the enchiladas are tasty! And even get to talk to a monster or two while they're "getting into character".

On our anniversary, Hubby came home early! WOOHOO! And brought me some purdy flowers. (Uh huh...note Will in the background enjoying his Fun Size Twix bar.) Then we went for a lovely sushi dinner where we enjoyed some sake and Will actually ate pleasantly the entire meal. Hallelujah! Terriyaki chicken, rice, edamame, a fruit roll up, and raisins. Yum! We had our usual delicious sushi rolls and miso soup. Mmmmmm.... Heaven.

It got me thinking about how different our relationship is now versus 4 years ago. Heck, even 2 years ago! I knew Hubby was the one for me when I saw how he interacted with his niece. She is his pride & joy. Seeing how much he adores her, was a glimpse of how great a dad he would be. He loves Will beyond words. He can make Will laugh harder than anyone else. Will listens and obeys him much more than Will does me - yes...even though I'm with Will all day everyday... When Hubby gets home from work, Will starts grinning and saying "Dad? Dad! Dad?!" when he hears his keys in the door, then rushes him with a big hug, and sometimes kiss.

It's just funny the things that are romantic now, and the things we talk about now that I would've been horrified to know 4 years ago.

Romantic then -
Getting flowers just because.
A nice quiet dinner out on the town.
Sharing bottle of wine by candlelight.

Romantic now -
A clean kitchen - that I didn't have to clean. Any chore that is done around the house that I didn't have to do.
Dinner out with no tantrums.
Sharing a bottle of wine after Will goes to bed while catching up on our DVR shows.

4 years ago, I never would've thought that we would not only be talking about the frequency and consistency of Will poops, but sometimes our own, too! I definitely was not the domestic goddess I am now, either. Cooking was Hubby's forte, so I let him run with it. Now, it's my job and over the last year and a half, I would say I'm pretty awesome at it! And I can add cooking to my list of things I enjoy doing. It's particularly enjoyable when Will is behaving and entertaining himself.

What has changed in your relationship since having kids? I'm sure everything...but is there something you never thought you would be ok with, but don't think twice about now?

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your thoughts, good bad or random! We love comments of all kinds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios