Monday, September 27, 2010

Powder Room Part 2

Ok...So I left off where I was trying to mix a custom batch of paint.  I only head this warning...think about what you want to do thoroughly before you start mixing the paint.  Being that I was doing this during naps and after bedtime, I just dumped one can into the other and hoped it worked.  Oh what a silly girl I am!! 

First...I couldn't get the color right (notice the darker stripe on bottom and the lighter on top


Then after getting a color I was happy with I kept noticing uneven spots, so I did like 18 coats...it was ridiculous.  You'd think a normal person would have realized that her "custom" color didn't work and would stop.  I never said I was normal....


Here's a close up shot of it...


So, pretty much because of the fact that I ran out of paint, I stopped.  I just kept trying to convince myself that it would even out and get better.  So after wasting a night....I ran out the next day with the boys, got myself another Martha color in "Bone Folder," and finally finished the stripes with complete deliciousness.


Hooray!!  Next up, I'm going to spray paint a shelf that I've had for a couple years white, and also mirror I found at Home Goods.  Then it's just decorating and accessorizing (with Heather's Skype help) and I should be DONE with this room!!! Like I said...it's a work in progress...but I'll be sure to post pics of the big reveal!

1 comment:

  1. I've been there, done that and learned the hard way. lol! The end result of the paint looks great!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear your thoughts, good bad or random! We love comments of all kinds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios