Friday, May 28, 2010

Friday Fave: Flowers & Neil Diamond


You don't bring me flowerrrrrrrrrrrrrs.... Yes, I'm singing Neil Diamond. What? Yesterday, while Will and I were out and about, I was rockin' out to the radio. Will was jabbering and singing right along with me, and then it happened. Hands, touchin' hands, reachin' out, touchin' me, touchin' youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu  SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET CAROLINE!!! BA BA BA! Oh how I love me some Neil Diamond. Instantly, my happy meter overfloweth.

Which brings me to my next favorite: flowers. It's a simple fix, but I love it. A long, long time ago, I worked across the street from this awesome little flower stand that I frequented. Once a month, or so, I'd go over there and pick some of my favorite blooms to take home and brighten my little abode. The ladies even offered me a part time job on one of their busy weekends because I seemed to know my way around a flower shop.

But alas, the habit got expensive. They had the freshest, and most fun flowers. Not to mention it's outdoors so you just feel so sophisticated wandering around picking your stems. I don't get flowers hardly ever anymore, and that makes me sad. Instead, my kitchen table gets swallowed up by mail, baby stuff, coupons, and life. So in an attempt to keep my table clean, I picked these up from the grocery store this week with a $2 off coupon! WOOT!

Since I painted my kitchen blue, I've been itching to accessorize with oranges, yellows, and reds. So here's my little warm accessory to tie me over for now. Plus, tulips are just so cool. They have a mind of their own. They move and change positions all the time. I'm sure I'm the only one that notices my flowers' personality, but I like it. Tulips are one of my favorites just because they like to dance with me while I'm cooking and singing along to The Diamond.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your thoughts, good bad or random! We love comments of all kinds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios