Monday, February 8, 2010

Resolution Check In

It's a little over 5 weeks into the new year, and I'm not doing too shabby on my resolutions. [patting self on back] Here's how I'm doing so far:

1. Eat better - I have only had fast food maybe twice a week for lunch, and that's on a bad week. That's good! I have also made dinner just about every night of the week. I was off to a little bit of a rocky start, but now I'm going pretty strong. We have only been eating out for dinner about once or twice a week, but I am cooking at least 5 days for sure. Hubby's even been doing great at taking his lunch to work, too!

2. Lose weight - With a big thank you to #1, I am down FOUR POUNDS since the 1st of the year! Hallelujah! I'm not doing anything too crazy as far as diet goes, but limiting soda, not eating fast food, and cooking at home helps A LOT! I'm sure it doesn't hurt that Will is much much much more mobile these days, and is maybe a week away from walking. Chasing around a kid will help keep the pounds off. Plus, I've been trying to get us out of the house and go for at least a 30 minute walk everyday. It's usually closer to 45 -60 minutes. Go me! Hubby has also lost a noticeable amount of weight. I'm not quite sure of an exact number since he didn't do a weigh in at the beginning of the year, but his pants are definitely looser!

3. Spend less - I was $2.37 under budget for the month of January! I think I told everyone I talked to last week about my $2.37 feat. Chalk it up to limiting my Target runs to once a week or less if I can swing it, cooking at home so I'm only making one grocery run a week, and good old fashioned self control. I took my credit cards out of my wallet, so even if I found a crazy awesome deal, if I don't have the cash for it, I don't buy it. Plain and simple! I told Hubby that I am incredibly proud of us for sticking to our guns. Now we just need to stay motivated to keep up the good work. We've set a goal to have all of our debts paid off by Will's 2nd birthday. Then all of next year we'll be saving saving saving! It makes me smile in my heart that we have this plan, since I am the plan woman. :)

4. Pay off debt - Well, since we were on track this month for budget, payments towards debts were on target too. This puts us that much closer to our goal. If we stay on track, we'll be pretty close to paying everything off by the end of the year, but definitely by Will's 2nd birthday. Hip Hip Hooray!

I'm doing a happy dance and spinning around...can you tell?! I'm sure we won't be able to stay on budget every month, especially with Will's 1st birthday around the corner, but the closer the better! I'm trying to soften the blow of 1st birthday party planning by buying things slowly and with my weekly Michael's and/or Joann's coupons. Every little bit helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your thoughts, good bad or random! We love comments of all kinds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios