Thursday, January 21, 2010

We're Not in Kansas Anymore...




Today is Day 5 of rain. Non-stop, dark, gloomy, wet, cold, RAIN. On Sunday, when we were at Disneyland, it started to drizzle. We were laughing at how unprepared we are in SoCal for any kind of real weather. We don't own weather proof jackets or coats. Nobody has rain boots or water proof shoes. We don't have much more than sweatshirts, jeans, and flip flops.

I had to get out of the house with Will yesterday. I think we were both going a little stir crazy being cooped up in the house all week. Off we went to the Post Office and Target. It wasn't until we left Target that it got really ugly. Will didn't have a drop of water on him as I loaded in the car. I, on the other hand, was DRENCHED head to toe. When I got home, I changed my clothes only to find that my underwear was wet too!
We are supposed to get up to 10" of rain this week. That's more than we've been getting in a YEAR! What?! On Tuesday, we had 2 tornado warnings. Are you kidding me? Hubby grew up in Kansas and had to call me to tell me what to do in case I heard it coming my way. Get candles, a blanket, some bottles (for Will), and hop in the bathtub. It's insane! I got everything all set up in the bathroom and thankfully didn't have to do anything with it.

These pics are of my hometown Huntington Beach and the water spouts that were spotted. The video is of a car (that was parked and unoccupied at the time) that got flipped when the water spout came through. We live in SoCal for crying out loud! The land of earthquakes, not tornados!

I definitely can't live somewhere like Seattle. I'm such a wuss! Props to all you residents of weather-tastic areas. And definitely props to the caretakers and stay-at-home-moms that have to find activities to do indoors with your kids for several days/weeks at a time. I guess you adapt to your surroundings pretty quickly, and Southern California has made me a weather-wuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your thoughts, good bad or random! We love comments of all kinds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios