Monday, January 18, 2010

9.5 months postpartum - Update


So last week I was telling you about my plethora of symptoms (you can read about it here) that were floating around in my body and brain. Well, today was my annual check up with my OBGYN. First of all, I have to say how much I just love her. I was laughing as I told her "Is it odd how comfortable I am chatting with you as you fondle me?". Here she is checking my boob for lumps and we're talking about Lani's Sprinkle and the baby shower she's going to throw for her sister. It's just funny. Needless to say, she has an awesome bedside manner.

So I ask her about all of my weird little things going on. The smaller issues like the hair loss and sweat, are probably just me and I don't remember being that way pre-preggo because it's been so long. Ok. I'll roll with that. I was stoked when she told me that the other issues could be attributed to my birth control pill! She said that most post partum issues will only last about 3 months right after your little bambino is born. It's been almost a year for me, so it's not a post partum issue. She said that if my acne flairs up again (which for me is the most annoying issue of them all), she'll switch me to a different birth control pill. Sweet!

And yes. I take a regular old birth control pill. I take other meds in the morning everyday, so it is automatic for me to take and remember to take my bc pill. Call me old fashioned, I guess. It works so I'm not going to mess with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your thoughts, good bad or random! We love comments of all kinds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios